I woke at 5am unable to sleep anymore than I should have. On the way to school I had in mind to accomplish 3 things that day: go see the person at the Career Center about grad school, go to class and listen to presentations since its apart of participation mark and finally enrol in classes for the summer.
When I arrived, I got some breakfast and stalled in the computer lab until 10:30 and went to the Career Center. I had asked several questions and one of the most relevant was that I told her my GPA and she says with a disapproving look: "oh... that's a little low. You really should work on that" Of course, she understands that some applicationis don't look at your grades from 1st and 2nd year if they're bad but they will seriously consider 3rd and 4th year grades. I knew this and I knew my GPA was low because I hadn't did that well in my 1st and 2nd year. But 3rd year was likely one of my best years. And then it began to go downhil from there....
I arrived in class early, which I really regret because of small talk I had with this random girl in class. But what most I regretted was the fact that my grades are again failing. So I go up to the prof feeling horribly confused and generally not thinking straight and I asked her "Can I do the paper over?" Her reply was "No that wouldn't be fair to the other students" So instead I asked "Can I do something else?" i,e, compensation. and her answer was a disapproving shake of the head. At this point she could likely see the tears starting to well up in my eyes so she says something along the lines of "do kickass in the presentation and paper" and I walked away before I fully broke down.
At 3:30 my class enrolment was still not open I gave up and went home. And I enrolled later that day
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment