Monday, February 25, 2013
I'm looking for a Job (Sort of...)
As the title says, I'm in the process of a job search. To be perfectly honest, I haven't really worked hard enough to find one and I think I am more in the habit of finding myself. If that even makes sense. I recently graduated from university, have this expensive-ass piece of paper to show for it and I really don't know myself? Is that even allowed at my age? For some people, this might not be acceptable because at my age, you're expected to have some degree of success in your life especially someone with my skills. But in this world it's the people you know and the relationships you have that help you get along in life. Somebody who doesn't have "connections" or "links" (Jamaicans know) don't have a huge chance at success. They have to try much harder to find their way. Our world just isn't really made for "hard workers" to make it. Only those who are somehow involved in big things actually "make it." It never surprises me how a perfectly capable person who has a college degree is driving a taxi or a bus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment