Everyone's so convinced that slavery was abolished in 1834 or whenever it was. Forgive me if I'm inaccurate. But really, at least in a current day sense, it exists today. Yes all. We live in a time of slavery, despite that it isn't as prevalent and as oppresive. Still, it's oppressive in certain ways. But it isn't like people are being auctioned and treated like merchandise anymore.Them don't get treated in a humane manner, like animals, which I don't think are being treated right either. But thats a totally different issue right there. I digress. My point is that we're all slaves. Slaves why? Because we all have to live a conformist society. Come on. Be real. We do. At one point in our lives, we have been forced even if with a conscious mind, to conform, to live with it, to be accepting of what is put in front of us, to not have a fucking *choice.* And I've been told over and over, "you always have a choice" Well... choice, yeah you do have a choice most of the time. But honestly, who's going to give you a choice when. Here i'll give you a scenario out of the top of my confused and messed up mind:
You're pregnant, and i'm not gonna make this directed at just ladies. Your girlfriend is pregnant. It wasn't expected. Something happened and it can't be reversed really. Not less you wanna abort the kid. But what if you're firmly against this? Do you have a choice then? You can't just say you don't want the kid. You don't have a fucking choice, but to keep her/him/it. Whatever. What does one do in that situation? Does one really have a choice in the matter? How do you cope? Change your mind and abort it anyway? Keep the kid? Put it up for adoption? It's going to vary person to person. I know I sound like I'm demeaning towards kids. I'm not a kid person, as I don't believe in populating the world with more than it can take. Its a logic to me, and I'm a firm follower in controlling overpopulation and that kinda thing. You know.
Anyways I suppose I've kinda gone a tad far from proving my point. We are slaves, we are forced to believe that the ideal life is to grow up in a 2-parent opposite sex family, go to school, finish college, grow up and go to work. Then find a mate, get married and have kids. Go on vacations with kids, work, and work, grow old, and duh Die. You get my point. The general view of things need to be changed. That's why we need to embrace differences and abnormalities. Be open! Be a person who thinks outside of the box. Think of yourself in another's shoes. Just be you, and be aware, be conscious and fucking ALIVE.
I think our society's so twisted and strange and boring and shit that damnit it bothers me more and more everyday!!! I feel like we, the youth, the old, anyone, needs to do something about this. I don't want to impose values on anyone, and I'm sure there's lots that being done to fix our society's problems. But I also dream of an ideal world for myself that others may not necessarily agree with. I'm too idealistic for my own good I'm aware. But it's ok to have ideals and your values. Its the blood and flesh and bone that keeps you alive and going everyday. Being able to walk and talk and do things is due to having a purpose. There would nothing in our world if not for the things we believe in, which is why we see results, especially in the technological realm. Well no not that those people, but you get the general idea.
My rambles lead me no where I think. Except to a point where I have no conclusion :) It's all fine and dandy. Questions without answers are okay in my book.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment