Saturday, March 6, 2010

Why I want and now have "locs"

Photobucket
Got them on the 27th of Feb 2010. That's how they looked on the day I got them. They're really fuzzy.

There's several reasons for wanting to get locs:

1. The way they look. I absolutely adore the fact that they've given my hair life! (If its not too much to put it like that) I mean I look at them and compare to when I had normal hair and I notice such a difference that it makes. My hope is that it doesn't change my personality too much or too drastically.

2. Cultural bond to Jamaican roots. Come on. Like really. Come on! I can't simply ignore the fact I'm uncommonly the product of such a lively interesting country. The locs just "represent" if I may say so.

3. They deny the stereotype. Helps me to overcome dbag ignorant aholes who don't know any betta and waan come up to me tell me bout ching chong foolishness. Its a early thing that I've taken with me into adulthood and i suppose that i haven't quite let go of it. So I've decided that they're a good way of helping being a unique individual and finding my true self. Its a complicated issue but its an ongoing search I think others also take on. The locs (I won't call them dreads because to rastas "dread" translates into to fear the Lord) are a way for me to mix up my culture a bit. I like how its like I'm a walking contradiction because I can be on the streets and traditional asian people can look at me and turn heads and be like 'wtf' hahahaha. Anyways yeah it's kinda hard to explain. I want to look like I have a respect for culture basically. Take it how you want

I'm well-aware I'm racist towards certain groups and individuals. Just to clarify.

No comments:

Post a Comment